Budgeting and Forecasting Tools
Your Roadmap to Success
Accurate budgeting is essential to managing the direction and execution of your company. We believe that so strongly that we've built budgeting and forecasting tools into our core financials. SBS budgeting tools let you create a roadmap for success that can be adjusted as business conditions change.
- Budgeting application is fully integrated into the SBS system
- Easy to set up and administer
- Create unlimited budgets, forecasts, and revisions
- Implement a paperless workflow
- Quickly set up budgeters and identify their areas of responsibility
- Limit access to the accounts, locations, departments, and employees for which budgeters are responsible
- Budgeters see all of the information in the system related to that account while working on their budget
Eliminate Manual Budgeting
SBS Budgeting streamlines the budgeting process and lets managers spend less time on the mechanics of budgeting and more time assessing business strategy and tactics. Move from manual budgeting, forecasting, and planning to SBS Financials and you'll reduce by half (or more) the time spent on budgeting.
- Break down the budget for an account into as many line items as needed
- Populate budgets based on actuals or allow managers to build their own budgets
- Attach supporting documents and notes
General Ledger Budgeting
General Budgeting gives managers access to all of the accounts in their area of responsibility. On a single screen, they can view the history for an account in summary or detail and create, edit, or revise the budget. With one click they can see a summary of the entire budget or view budget analysis reports.
- Track the status of accounts to see which budgets are complete and which are not
- View budgeting reports, including financial reports analyzing the budget, directly from the budgeting screen
- See a comparative summary for each account directly from the budgeting screen and control the comparison
Wage and Salary Budgeting
Many organizations budget their wage-related expenses by creating a detailed forecast by employee. SBS Wage and Salary Budgeting allows you to automate that process by importing employee information, incorporating plans for changes in pay rates, tax rates, benefits costs, and other wage-related expenses. The system calculates the monthly forecast taking into account all of your assumptions.
- Automate the upload of employee information from outsourced or third-party payroll systems
- Calculate compensation, benefits, taxes, and other employee-related expenses based on user-defined calculations
- Calculations are date-effective and recognize limits
- Prorate compensation across periods using a variety of methods
- Set up calculations to include planned compensation change
- Allocate employee’s expenses between different accounts, locations, and departments
- Automate date-effective budgeting for additional positions, retirements, position changes, or workforce reductions