An Intuitive and Efficient Accounting System
General Ledger gathers, stores and organizes the information that reflects your company's financial position. It is the heart of your financial management system. SBS provides maximum scalability, flexibility, and visibility. The system supports organizational structures as simple as one company, to corporations with multiple entities, operating groups, and profit centers. Our G/L is designed for daily accounting users, yet robust enough to address the sophisticated accounting needs found in nearly any business environment.
- Flexible account number structure
- Multi-entity processing
- Automatic inter- and intra-company balancing
- Prior and future period postings are supported and controlled
- Ability to allocate revenues, expenses, statistics, and budgets
- Closing schedule organizes and provides full visibility of the close process
Dimensions Provide Real-Time Visibility
Flexible reporting is crucial to making informed business decisions. SBS uses dimensions to expand the options for reporting beyond just traditional account segments. Create or combine reporting values on the fly without cluttering general ledger with meaningless accounts. Using dimensional values, you'll instantly have a clear view of the financial state in any area of your company.
- Eight standard dimensions
- Ten additional dimensions tailored to your business needs
Streamlined Multi-Entity Management
Managing financials for different locations and multiple entities is intuitive in SBS. Automate manual tasks to free up more time to focus on important things - like your company's growth.
- Smoothly merge financial data from multiple companies with different Charts of Accounts
- Flexible consolidation reporting controls the consolidation of companies, entities within companies, and the degree of summarization
- Automate inter- and intra-company transfers to eliminate manual processes
- Easily assemble multi-company check runs into a single, consolidated check run
- One-click processing of a single 1099 for vendors that serve multiple companies in your organization
Smooth Interface with Operations Software
Flexibility is the key to a creating a trouble-free interface with your operations software. SBS accepts common file formats such as .csv, Excel, or flat files. If your operations software can export a file, we can work with it. The export/import process can be automated making it easy to customize our accounting system to your needs.
- Import journal entries, AP invoices, AR invoices, bank reconciliation files, outsourced payroll, or data from custom-built systems and map to G/L accounts.
- No coding is required when using our point-and-click process to import data from other systems.